We can find ways to reinvent ourselves. We can seek a job in a similar industry or even in a different industry.
But what do we do and where do we start?
Some of the key words to take into consideration are: Rethink, Revise & Re-brand.
Today on the blog we are sharing 6 tips on how you can change careers if you are going through some radical changes in your life or simply create a change to get out of your comfort zone along with creating your new path.
- Develop a mastery. It is crucial that you know how the job is done in the field that you’re in or want to be in. You need to learn the industry’s language and grasp an understanding of how the industry works.
- Learn how the pieces fit together. Develop a strategic sense about the industry, the big picture and have a better grasp on how your role fits in it.
- Ask lots of questions. The more you ask, the more you uncover your needs and wants in the goals that you would like to achieve.
- Make friends in your new area of focus. Building a network is always important no matter what field you’re in. It helps you grow your mind & have a different perspective on life. These are people you can learn both technical, strategic and cultural variations from. This is how you create mutual supportive relationships.
- Build your brand in your new professional identity. Whether it’s an online presence, through public speaking, writing blogs or doing pro bono work, simply by building a track record of your accomplishments will help you have a stronger ground.
- Focus on what you enjoy doing. When you enjoy something, it’s easier to stay focused on it and dive deeper into what’s required to do it well. We also perform better as a result.
Sometimes, we need to be brave enough to outgrow the life we’ve built.